Re: [Question #207372]: Create Region from Match/Speeding up Searches!

RaiMan posted a new comment:
--- just how fast can you get a response
search times at 0.1 seconds are possible with images and regions below a size of 100x100

On the Python level, you always work with image files, that are stored to temp folder (capture) and loaded from filesystem (find ...).
On the Java API level some of these operations can be done with buffered images (hold in memory), which saves some milliseconds.
Since we are talking Jython, you could integrate these Java API calls into the Sikuli scripts

--- I feel like every time I do an 'if exists(img, 0)' it takes too long to timeout. :3
The second parameter as 0 only means: only search one time - do not repeat until wait time exceeds.
a simple exists() always searches the whole screen which takes about 0.5 to 1 second.
If it is possible, to restrict the search region somehow and use reg.exists(), this can reduce the search time dramatically (see above).