Re: [Question #207372]: Create Region from Match/Speeding up Searches!

Andrew Munro posted a new comment:
Thanks, works perfectly ^^. Had to remove the mac stuff because it was
the double click was clicking the playNow and the difficulty. Strange
that the mac requires double click. Anyway, im still amazed at how fast
it works.

What exactly is the time tradeoffs between the different search methods.
For example, when comparing a new image against a previously known one,
just how fast can you get a response. At the moment, I use something
like:

def compare(img1, img2, reg = SCREEN):
	f = Finder(img1)
	if f.find(img2).hasNext():
		return True
	else:
		return False

I only ask because there is a driving minigame where you have to avoid
objects coming towards you and I was wondering if its possible for
sikuli to detect these fast enough.

I feel like every time I do an 'if exists(img, 0)' it takes too long to
timeout. :3