Re: [Question #209608]: implicit wait in Sikuli

---  if the required image is found with in wait time , then script should wait until the wait time gets complete.
this is what you asked - may be I missunderstood:
- You want to wait for the image for maxTime
- if image is found within maxTime (means earlier),
- the script should wait until total maxTime exceeds

What about
imageWait = time.time()-start # time before find starts
if imageWait < maxWait: # time to find shorter than maxWait
    wait(maxWait - imageWait) # if yes, wait the rest of time until maxWait exceeded

--- wait(some_image, maxWait) will wait until image is found. if image is found then it will proceed to next step.
yes, correct.
If this is what you need only: forget my suggestion and be happy ;-)