[Question #213467]: Not selecting sidebar in Unity- Ubuntu 12.04

I can't select the sidebar region of Unity, Ubuntu 12.04's user interface. Also unable to select any part of any active application, only two things available for selection are the empty desktop itself and the shell within which Sikuli is running. In addition, Java crashed.
I installed Sikuli from Ubuntu's repository (Software Center) together with some libraries suggested with it.