[Question #214020]: Handling platform UI differences

Are there any tips for handling differences in things like the title bar for an application?  An example would be the differences between an XP title bar versus Windows 7.
I would like to avoid having to make platform specific images and I have found that I have to turn the tolerances down too far to get the differences negated.

thanks in advance,
NS