[Question #214067]: Sikuli Script vs. Sikuli Api

There is no real development on sikuli script since 01.2010. Correct me if I'm wrong. Now there is an announcement for a new version in 12.2012. There is also a new sikuli, called Sikuli-API which is completely written in Java. The API differs a lot from sikuli script, but seems to be more clear and modular. It seems to have some ruby support. I dont need the python or ruby support at all, so I wonder if I  should stay with the current sikuli script, which has some bugs and limitations or switch to the new sikuli-api which is under heavy developement and probably will change a lot in the future.

Both options don't realy satisfy me. Why is there no synchronisation on development? No agreement to develop sikuli in the same direction?