Re: [Question #214110]: Linking To Postgres

James confirmed that the question is solved:
Hi RaiMan,

Found Guide here. I dont know if its one you helped with previously.

http://www.codingourweb.com/read-and-write-to-a-mysql-database-from-
sikuli/

Followed the guide had to paste in an extra file msvcr100.dll (Search on hard drive find it and just paste into jbdc)

commands run in dos box

C:\JBDC>jar xf mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar (I didnt know how to
extract a jar untill I went and looked it up)

C:\JBDC>jar uf sikuli-script.jar com

C:\JBDC>jar uf sikuli-script.jar org

Rename the correct sikuli-script.jar in c:\program files\sikuli x\ and paste in the new one. One connection to the data base and was able to read it. Very excited now.

Other links used
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/jar/unpack.html

To get round windows 7 issues I cheated.
 Installed virtual box(open source) - installed xp on it using my old key. (Virtual machines believe require licenses to run, if you dont have one check a version of linux that is known to work with sikuli).

Xamp - Installs apache web server & mysql for you.
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html (Open source product)

As you can tell from this I am not a programmer but was able to muddle through. I am not sure what damage I have done to sikuli in doing this I will await the shouting. Dont think I broke any laws in the process of this.

Thank you for you help am still giving this a try out but thought I cant
be the only one looking at things like this.