[Question #216389]: Better framework !!

Hello,

I have my test suite creating and running using Sikuli IDE. I have logging support (using logger), HTML report (HTMLTestRunner) and localization testing (through images import). Everything works well. But feels like something is missing. I want suggestions on how I can implement these better.

1. The IDE lacks intellisense which is ok as we are using Sikuli's IDE. Have heard Sikuli implementation in Java/Eclipse which could solve this problem.

2. I am using Unittest framework to have my test suite to execute. Whenever a case fails, currently there is no screenshot of the app at that state. Only way to look into my log/html report to understand the problem, which sometimes hectic job. If it gives screenshot in HTML report will be very useful.

3. The test suite results are not consistent. If I run the suite first time - gives all Pass, same without any change in app/code, run again, gives 1,2 cases failed, which are mainly FindFailed. But, if I run those specific cases separately that will pass. This is like lowering my confidence.

4. Also I have handled FailedFailed exception, what is the root exception type where all these exceptions come undre. This way I can generalize and write single line, whatever the exception it is, just log.

I heard TestRobot is there to achieve most of the above mentioned. But, I have done significant work so far, and do not want to change. There is lot of work it seems in TestRobot as it overrides the sikuli methods ,why is that?

Thanks for reading.
Neo.