[Question #221908]: input command as global variable?

I have decided that i would like to use inputs I have defined as global variables using the sikuli Settings class.

i created a script folder called "Settings"

and in that script i wanted to have:

def ts_settings():
       Settings.tsVersion = input("Enter your version ie.. 2013, 2014 etc:", "2014")

so that i could pull that value stored from user input in multiple scripts as long as I have imported the script containing that function and have one script sort of look like this:

import Settings
Settings.ts_settings()

App.open(r'c:\tssmoketest\\' +tsVersion)

Am i going about this the wrong way?

I dont want to have:

tsVersion = input("Enter your version ie.. 2013, 2014 etc:", "2014")

in each script prompting the user each time in the middle of a script.

thanks in advance for any help as always!