Re: [Question #230973]: How to type Super key on linux with sikuli script?

Description changed to:
I want to launch an Application using the super(/Windows) key on linux
and then typing search string and ENTER.

The naive approch:
type(Key.WIN)
sleep(3)
type("name" + Key.ENTER)

Does not work for me. It opens the same dialog as if I typed ALT,
instead of SUPER key. I also tried any constant I could find, including
the 524 integer from VK_WINDOWS from here
<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/constant-
values.html#java.awt.event.KeyEvent.VK_WINDOWS>. None worked.

I've searched a lot and couldn't find any patch or even bug-report
concerning this problem. Where exactly is the problem? In java AWT?

The only viable workaround right now is to write my own X11 program that
generates the keyboard input. Which seems to be the most reliable
soloution anyway, as there seems to be quite some confusion on different
levels in different tools and libs about Super key, Windows key and how
many there are and how to distinguish them....