[Question #233507]: Cleanest way to search if at least one image of a set is present

Hello,
I am trying to port a AutoHotKey script that will record mouse and keyboard actions and produce a AutoHotKey script to Sikuli Java. Yes, it will be a Java program that will generates another Java program.

I perform various actions, triggered by mid button. It is like a "discrete" step recorder, instead a continuos recorder. The action to be recorded is triggered manually.

Each time I want a particular action to be recorded, I press the mid button and a dialog will ask what I want to record. Once selected, the action will carried on and then the corresponding code being generated.

I do various things, and I don't know which is the Java equivalent for them, like registry access, testing on which OS I am executing and so on.

Most are Java related, so not specifically Sikuli problem but my total lack of knowledge of the language.

This one is something related to clicking on a icon. A icon in Windows 7 can be in 3 states: "normal", selected and hovered. I would like to implement in Sikuli a search that will check the existence of at least one bitmap of the ones present in a folder.

In this way, I could implement a function, "click on a icon" that would capture the icon in all three states and then click on it.
Once executed, no matter the icon state, it will be found and clicked.

I would like a parametric solution, so far I was able to implement it fixing the 3 searches in code, using a keypress combination to deselect any icon and I could move away the mouse pointer (no hovering if pointer is in the upper left corner), not elegant.

It is my understanding that I could do the opposite, search for all the occurrence of a bitmap on the screen (like checkboxes).

Giuseppe Marullo