Re: [Question #236945]: How to terminate a unittest on failure and move to following unittests

if you want to skip something depending on a switch, you have to
possibilities:

--- version 1 (using if/while/ ...)

# some preps here
# including setting the global switch to true (means should run)
... some code independent of switch
if switch:
    # some code to be executed  as long as switch is false
... some code independent of switch
if switch:
    # some code to be executed as long as switch is false
... and more of these

If the switch is set to false from somewhere else, the respective code
snippets will be skipped

--- version 2 (using a simple thread)
def workload():
    # here goes all the stuff that should be run as test
    # ...
    # telling main we terminated successfully
    global running
    running = false
    return # this ends the thread

switch = true
running = true
sub = thread.start_new_thread(workload, )
# we wait until either running or switch is set to false
while switch and running:
    wait(1)
if running:
    sub.exit() # terminate the thread if it is still running

... more info http://docs.python.org/2/library/thread.html