Re: [Question #237259]: Will I be safe using Sikuli as a non-programmer? I don't want to create major computer issues.

Yes, definitely: Sikuli is safe for non-programmers, since besides a
useable Java, Sikuli does not interact with the system in no case and
does nothing risky on your system ... except the user is doing risky
things using the full power of the scripting language Python or even use
the underlying Java.

Since Sikuli works WYSIWYS (What You See Is What You Script), the
challenge is to find the correct GUI elements that you want to click or
want to receive your keyboard input.

Need to know for Sikuli from a stick on Windows:
--- When Using Sikuli IDE, the preferences and some session infos are saved to the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\org\sikuli
--- To avoid an additional entry in system path pointing to Sikuli's libs folder, you should always run any Sikuli stuff from a command line (even simply start the IDE)
--- If you use the bundled command script runIDE.cmd, you have to set JAVA_HOME to point to the portable Java on command line, before starting runIDE.cmd.

Putting all together, it might make sense, to modify runIDE.cmd
according to your special needs.