Re: [Question #241355]: png file screen capture from OSX command-shift-4 not found in region

You are right, this should not be.

And I cannot reproduce the problem on my Mac 10.9 with version 1.0.1
(using the hotkey (direct save to desktop) or the feature inside Preview
even cropping the image and then save it)

You might compare 2 screenshots (snipping tool image and the same
captured with Sikuli IDE) manually in Preview with some magnification,
so you can see possible differences on the pixel level.

... and I do not know, wether the fact that you are using a VNC-Viewer
influences the result of the Mac snipping tool.