Re: [Question #241355]: [1.0.1] png file screen capture from OSX command-shift-4 not found in region

keith Fischer posted a new comment:

Still researching and I still can't get the mac to create sikuli usable png images from it's native screenshot interface. Tried the hotkeys and the terminal screencapture methods.  I'm using png screen capture tools in my fusion win7 VM to manage the hundreds of test images in the library for the mac sikuli testing. Very roundabout way.  Does the Sikuli IDE use OSX native screen capture API? Unfortunately I'm not a Mac developer and don't know all the details of OSX system api's like on Win32.

Can anyone with OSX and Sikuli experience, can you suggest any
hypothesis of what can be the inhibiting factor for this issue I could
research? I'm out of ideas and no one else seems to have the problem.
How does Sikuli do the screenshot region? use java library?

1. OS X Sikuli IDE feature "Take screnshot" png works ok and is recognized in sikuli find() flawlessly every time.
2. OS X cmd-shift-4 Native png FAILS to be recognized in sikuli find()
3. Terminal screencapture -t png -i FAILS to be recognized in sikuli find()
4. Third-party tool like SnapNDrag FAILS to be recognized in sikuli find() (probably uses the same osx native api)

The above tests use same UI target region and sikuli code, different png
files in same folder.

Thanks
Keith