Re: [Question #246466]: paste() doesn't seem to work

Greg Howell gave more information on the question:
I figured out what is wrong here.  I'm trying to paste text into a putty
window.  Putty does not accept (ctrl-v) as a paste function.  In putty
you simply press the right mouse button to paste.  So I guess I could do
the same action by telling it to right click in the window, but the
question would be how is the most efficient way to get something into
the clipboard to paste?  The paste() function first puts the text into
the clipboard and then does a ctrl-v in the region.  Is there a similar
function to put text into the clipboard without the paste functionality?
I guess I could maybe paste() out in blank spot on the desktop first and
then go rightclick in my putty window to paste the text.

Any other ideas?