Re: [Question #247833]: Tesseract implementation

Thanks for your contribution.

The current implementation, that is still used, finally interfaces to
Tesseract API via tesocr.cpp.

I have started, to move the Sikuli Tesseract interface to the Java level
with support by Tess4J, which in turn is a dependency in module
Tesseract4SikuliX (but it is in no way useable now).

Hence for a short-term solution, I will have a look into tessocr.cpp and
find a way to specify a language at runtime.

For the Java-only solution, the integration of train data is planned
anyway.

So you are welcome, to keep on the road with your possible contribution
in the near future.

Please turn this question into a request bug so we can use it to
coordinate the further activities.

BTW: you say: However, despite changing "eng" to the language name of my new file, I still get the same result.
Did you rebuild your version of libVisionProxy after changing tessocr.cpp? the normal Maven build does not do anything with the native code, but uses the precompiled libraries.