[Question #247844]: Key.SPACE not registering

I'm trying to use the space bar as an "action" to check a check box, and cannot achieve this.  The hotkey for the box is d.  So I have:

type("d", KeyModifier.ALT)
type(Key.SPACE)

I have tried using Key.SPACE, as it was included in the new version (http://doc.sikuli.org/keys.html), however it is not accepting it as a valid entry.  I am running Sikuli X-1.0rc3 (r905)

I have also tried using type(" ") to make the action happen, but it just passes the box by and moves to the next lines of my script.

type("d", KeyModifier.ALT)
type(" ")

For now I am running it using click(image of text box) and that works but I'd really like to be able to run it using hotkeys.

Does anyone have have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?