[Question #248371]: Using expect commands for CLI based interaction via sikulisikuli

I need to switch to putty  to access information from the server's CLI and then validate it with the information represented  by  application's GUI.
I did some search on web and found out a python package pexpect ,which is used to interact with CLI.

However,I have not yet tried myself. Before proceeding I would like to know views of people who have ever used it.
Is it worth giving a shot ? Or would it be wise to just switch to browser based information validation ,as there is a provision to do that as well. I'm actually trying to avoid it as there would be many images and it might become tedious.

Also,I have time constraint hence needed to know whether I'm thinking in right direction or not.
Any comment would be appreciated.