Re: [Question #248704]: Sikuli in the cloud/headless machine

The situation is still the same and it is a restriction of the
internally used java.awt.Robot class, which generally refuses to run on
headless machines. So no switch could change that currently.

Internally, a class implementing the SikuliX interface class IRobot,
could be used instead of the standard implementation RobotDesktop, that
internally uses the mentioned Java Robot.

So the solution is to implement a RobotCloud class, that internally solves the headless-Problem using e.g. some VNC or X11 based solution.
I just realized (again ;-), that someone added a VNC based solution exactly this way 3 month ago to the no longer active repo
https://github.com/sikuli/sikuli (representing the version SikuliX-1.0rc3, discontinued mid 2012).
I did not have the time and resources yet, to adapt this to the current version under development (1.1.0).
But looks rather promising.

So if you have the time and resources, to check this solution:
- download the repo
- build from the sources (good luck - I cannot help you with this - was one reason, to leave this behind)

I will surely add that to SikuliX 1.1.0, but not before
August/September.

If you do anything in this direction, I would appreciate any feedback/information. This surely helps me, to get on the road with this aspect of SikuliX.
You might as well contact me privately if needed (mail at https://launchpad.net/~raimund-hocke)