[Question #260990]: After import a module, how to use the function defined in that module?

first if I define the file named MyFunctions which has below function put under /home/lynn folder,
def Add(x,y):
    return x+y

, then also in /home/lynn folder there is a test as below
import MyFunctions
print Add(5,6)

it should be added with MyFunctions.Add(5,6) or just Add(5,6)?
I found sometimes both of these two ways works but sometimes neither of them work.