Re: [Question #263287]: Best way to read a combobox, or any other control with unselectable content

Eugene Maslov posted a new comment:
@Eugene S
It's slower than search of one simple image, but not really too slow.
The following problems can slow it down:
 - Old Sikuli 1.0.0 - it couldn't reduce AutoWaitTimeout less than 0.3 sec, in 1.1.0 it's well solved.
 - Many words in the screen, having the same beginning: it has to check many times many items and removes wrong ones from consideration quite late, so the search time increases. In this case, e.g. if many words are sorted alphabetically,  it's better to start checking from the end of the string.
 - Words starting from I, 1, or l : findAll understands some long vertical line as many first symbols, and then the check of second symbols takes long.
 - Low similarity used. If it's 0.7 or less, the first pass takes too many items, and then the items are removed at longer stages because of false positive detections, therefore the time grows. I usually use 0.85-0.95 for characters and 0.99 for the space, it works well if the background is the same as in the screenshots of the characters. If different background requires reducing the similarity, then yes, then the time will grow.

I understood that Edmundo has just a few list boxes in the screen. I
also usually work with screens where the text is not very dense - just
textual items, menus, popups and buttons... But if there is a full page
of small text, like in a book, then, I think, having found many first
letters,  the procedure can search for necessary string much longer than
just a ready screenshot of a word.