[Question #272556]: Contributing to SikuliAPI in Eclipse; setup issues

Hey Raiman!

I am a fan of Sikuli from Maryland in the US. Thank you so much for developing Sikuli!

I am interested in contributing to the SikuliAPI for Sikuli 2015. However, I am having some trouble getting started. I decided that I am going to develop new functionality at the Java level and go from there. I was also interested in fixing Sikuli bugs. After looking at some information online, I performed the following steps:

1) I forked and cloned the repository https://github.com/RaiMan/SikuliX2 .
2) Using eclipse, I created a new Java project and tried to import the project from the repository I cloned into this new project.
3) Upon import, I received a bunch of errors (I see errors involving the package names in eclipse, i.e. main.java.org.sikuli.script)
4) I tried changing this package to "org.sikuli.script" and I am still receiving compilation errors in Eclipse.

Is there a special way to set this up and create a new build of the API in Eclipse. Perhaps modifying the XML file for the eclipse project? Is there anything else I should be aware of? Do you have any tips for eclipse setup that I should be aware of?

Is it also okay if I pull from the github repository? I read that Maven 3+ is required for development, but I was confused about this (since the Sikuli code is in two different places if this is the case, one on github, and one on Maven).

I hope you don't mind me asking these questions, but I just wanted to contribute to Sikuli using Eclipse, and I couldn't really find any resources for this specific setup on this board (please let me know if this has already been addressed).

Thanks for hearing me out, and I am looking forward to contribute!

Cheers,
Andrew