[Question #281131]: Sikuli image processing

I have been tasked with using the Sikuli tool for test automation purposes. I need to know if it is possible to work with an image that is NOT on screen using Sikuli and if so, how.

Task: As of now I have a captured image, say image1, in a directory. I open image1 on my computer and capture more screenshots from image1 (using Sikuli) and store these in a directory and proceed with my tests.

For the task I mentioned above I was curious if I could do all of that without opening image1 on my computer and have Sikuli (or any java API's) directly work with the file.

Thank you for your help in advance.