[Question #296049]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException error when using App.close() on CentOS 7

I've encountered an exception with App.close().

My code:

app = App.open("<path-to-app>/app")
wait(10)
app.close()

The application starts fine but app.close() raises the exception

[error] java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException ( java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0 )

I have wmctrl 1.0.7 installed but it can't find my application when it's running, so that might be the problem.

Any ideas on how to fix with and make app.close() work?