[Question #296051]: App.open() not working properly from command line (CentOS 7)

I have a script that's working perfectly in the IDE but fails when I run it from the command line. The error occurs when wait() tries to find an image after the app has been opened:

app = App.open("<path-to-app>/app")
wait("1467797160821.png")

The error looks like this:

[error] FindFailed ( can not find 1467797160821.png in R[0,0 2560x1440]@S(0) )

An interesting thing is that I can see the program starting for about 0.1s after App.open() has been called, but then it immediately shuts down and the error occurs.

Any idea why it's not working from the command line? Why is the program starting and then immediately shutting down?