Re: [Question #403864]: sikuli incorrectly matches differing images despite exact()

Vahan posted a new comment:

Thank you, I had a look at the article. getScore() instead of exact( ) will solve our problem. (getScore( ) returns 0.99028 for me, which explains why exact( ) succeeds on my side.)

However, there's one aspect that is still not clear to me.

find(Pattern("...").exact()).highlight() I get this output:

[log] toggle highlight M[151,206 749x55]@S(S(0)[0,0 1600x900]) S:0.99
C:525,233 [315 msec]: true (note the 0.99)

Just using the image I get:

[log] toggle highlight M[151,206 749x55]@S(S(0)[0,0 1600x900]) S:0.98
C:525,233 [161 msec]: true (note the 0.98)

Shouldn't the similarity value in the second case be the same? Based on
the article, my understanding was that the specified similarity value
(0.7 in the second case) is just for cutoff and the "S" value reported
should be the same in both cases - the maximum similarity value in the
matrix.

So my question is: why are the similarity values different?