Re: [Question #404001]: stopObserver() doesn't work

Alex Lunyov posted a new comment:
OK, I looked more closely the docs, tried the example and found out that
adding the line

reg = JRegion(reg)

solved my problem at last. I don't know Java, this line was written on
the off-chance. :)

That's curious that these lines produce different kinds of Region (Java
and Python?):

reg = Region(x,y,w,h)  # this doesn't work in observer
reg = selectRegion("select a region to observe") # this works in observer

But print(reg) gives in both cases "R[x,y wxh]@S(0) E:Y, T:3,0" where
one can't see the difference between Java and Python level Region (hope
this is right terminology).

My problem seems to be solved but I need some time to check.