Re: [Question #661561]: Capture is going to temp instead of project folder

Capture since the beginning in 2010 is a prominent feature in SikuliX,
but also the API/usage differed on the 3 levels IDE/Python/Java from
beginning.

Over the time I tried to smooth the differences and add features in the sense of your request.
But I have to admit, that the docs do not really talk about ;-)

Internally a capture in all its variants creates a ScreenImage object, that in the first place holds an in-memory image representing the captured pixels. ScreenImage has methods to store the image in various places.
But due to backward compatibility reasons at the Python level the problem cannot be solved by augmenting the capture() command.
This is still valid:
http://sikulix-2014.readthedocs.io/en/latest/screen.html#Screen.capture

To get access to the intermediate ScreenImage object from the Python level, you have to say
screenImage = SCREEN.capture(<parameters as doc'ed>)

... then you have
screenImage.saveInBundle(name) # save in current bundle path using name (.png can be omitted)
screenImage.getFile(path, name) # save in given path using name (.png can be omitted)

I have not yet decided, how to finally solve the problem, but I will add
least add the above as a note to the docs of capture().

In this sense thanks for the question.