Re: [Question #166375]: How to get specific registry value in sikuli

RaiMan posted a new comment:
@sdraganov
Sorry, but my raw string solution in comment #7 was bullshit, since the r"" is not at the Python level.
So I do not know, how the guy solved his problem.

Today my try would look so:
hkey =  r"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\V-Ray for 3dsmax 2014 for x64"
ret = os.popen('reg query "'  +  hkey + '"  /f DisplayVersion').readlines()

Another option is to use subprocess.Popen() or subprocess.call(), since it is recommended instead of os.popen() since Python 2.6 (actual SikuliX is at Python language level 2.1).
see: http://www.pythonforbeginners.com/os/subprocess-for-system-administrators