[Question #670724]: Trouble finding matches for images

For my Sikulix script I captured a few images from the screen and use them in SikuliX e.g. for clicking on them.
This works most of the time, but sometimes there is a weird issue I could not understand or find information about.

Here is the deal:
SikuliX fails to find an image on the screen. I can see that it is clearly there. I am aware of the similarity value and how to use it.
However what happens here: when I go to the match preview in SikuliX it also finds that the image is on screen as it should be with the set similarity. But instead of marking the region with a bright red color, it is now marked with a pinkish or magenta color.
So basically every time I get a FindFailed, the match preview shows a pink region instead of a red one.
The image in question is the only one of its kind on the screen and the match preview only finds one image on the screen that it marks with a pink region.
If I slide the similarity value lower (starting e.g. from 80%), the found image remains pink. If I slide it even lower, other unrelated regions begin to pop up marked with the same pink color. Sliding similarity slightly above the initial value ther is no more found image at all.

What exactly is happening here? What do the different colors in the match preview mean? And how can I tell SikuliX to accept an image on the screen as found even if this situation occurs?

Using version 1.1.3 on windows 10, but had this issue since 1.1.1.