Re: [Question #674899]: Text find not working reliably

My experiences with the new Tesseract implementation based on Tess4J in
1.1.4 is very positiv.

Generally: If you did not change anything in your script context, then something changed on the screen, which might be:
- background
- font
- anti-aliasing
- different rendering

... which obviously is the case switching between external and built-in
monitor.

To get a feeling about the results produced by OCR, you can use the features
https://sikulix-2014.readthedocs.io/en/latest/region.html#extracting-text-from-a-region

run this one-line-script in the IDE:
print selectRegion().text()

which lets you select the region of interest and reads the contained
text.

the features collect... might be helpful as well.

If you like, you can send me screenshots containing the relevant text and tell me what you are looking for.
sikulix---at---outlook---dot---com