Re: [Question #678689]: Mojave : SikuliX IDE : Suite Setup works but Suite Teardown fails in this example

RaiMan posted a new comment:
--- start my app (it will be in the proper state if I had quit the app
properly)

The intention of setup and teardown is the other way round than you
think:

startup should bring the test environment in the needed state NO MATTER
what other tests or any teardown before have done or not.

one of teardown's job is to remove any things from environment, that
might hinder the next setup/test to function as intended, but it is
allowed to fail, which depends on how the test ran (so setup can not
rely on or must at least check the teardown success). But the usually
more  important job is to collect stuff produced during the test and
consolidate it with the next higher instance (in this case the suite).

The scope of the Suite Setup is the bunch of tests in it, hence it runs once before the first setup/test.
Same goes for Suite Teardown: run only once after the last test/teardown has been processed.

So if you need a specific pre-situation for a test, you MUST do this in
setup. It MUST be able to do its job independently from the past.

Hope it helps