[Question #680899]: how to recover from crashing of target application?

Hello all,
I'm automating an application that from time to time have a couple of component (not under our control) that crashes with the usual window: "the application pippo.exe has stopped working" and so on.
These crashes appears at random moment, not always in the same phase/window.
The automation script is a state machine that in these cases simply is not able to find the image it was waiting or looking for, so throw exception and exits.

I've ready a sikulix procedure to recover from these cases but I'm not able to call this procedure for any phase it may happen.
I'd like to avoid to put try except for all the images search wait etcetc
There is another way to accomplish this use case?
Thanks in advance
Matteo
P.s. my configuration:
1.1.4-SNAPSHOT-#287-2019-04-18_07:09/Windows10.0/Java8(64)1.8.0_201-b09