[Question #681578]: Trouble recognizing "and" function

I am having trouble with having the and function recognized.  I can write our the statement and it will show in blue as being recognized and works just fine.  However, when I try to adjust the line like backspacing prior to the work and it stops being recognized and the script becomes black.

If X == (" ") and y == (" "):

Also, if I move the line after and to the following line and then backspace so that it moves back up it becomes recognized again.

Any help would be appreciated.