Re: [Question #690210]: OCR Tweaking

Description changed to:
Thank you for taking time reading my question.
First of all, I m not a coder therefore I m not so good when passing the parameter around. Please enlighten me if I m wrong.

I have a screen to scan, the image is clean with digits only appeared on
the screen but the problem is the text is in white color with grayish
background which makes the entire image rather low contrast.

I already tried playing with various setting such as OEM, PSM, font
size, height, digits only config ++ etc but has no luck to extract the
digits with high accuracy. The accuracy is only around 50%. I realized
that I need to tweak the image before passing to OCR, by making it B&W
can extract the font with good accuracy (Tested it with tesseract).
https://docs.opencv.org/master/d7/d4d/tutorial_py_thresholding.html

I also know that with Sikulix 2.0.3 that i m using now I may access to
the OpenCV library such as org.opencv.imgproc to do the image processing
manually and read the output image with OCR.readWord(image,options).
However now I m stuck at the image and material(Mat) conversion since
openCV rely on the Mat to analyse the image. And I also got to know that
numpy cannot be brought in due to the language restriction.

So now I m kinda stuck here and have no idea what can I do to improve
further. I don't think I need to generate traineddata since my source
was just uniform digits. Anyone has any idea what or how can I tweak
more? OpenCV or something else that I m not aware of? Thanks.