simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~tkluck/simple-scan/autosaves into lp:simple-scan

Review: Needs Information

Hi,

Thanks for working on this!

The patch seems generally good, but I'm not able to confirm it working.  I can confirm the database gets written, but if I do a "killall -9 simple-scan" and then restart it the existing book is not recovered.  What steps should I take to confirm the patch works?

> // FIXME: this only works on linux
> string current_pids;
> Process.spawn_command_line_sync ("pidof simple-scan | sed \"s/ /,/g\"", out current_pids);
This is a bit gross, but don't know if we can get around it.

> public void on_page_changed (Page page)
> {
> /* we don't update the database as it is to slow to do so each time
> * a scan line is received.
> */
> //update_page (page);
> }
Please remove this if it doesn't do anything.

> if (number_of_instances > 0)
> {
> assert_not_reached ();
> }
We don't use curly braces if there's just one line in a branch.

> /* FIXME: we would like to connect to a scan_fished signal on a page,
> * but it does not exist. Updating the database every time a scanline
> * has changed is much to slow. We choose to update the database every
> * now and then, instead.
Let's add that signal then.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~tkluck/simple-scan/autosaves/+merge/101563
Your team Simple Scan Development Team is subscribed to branch lp:simple-scan.