simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #232392]: building simple-scan problems

Question #232392 on Simple Scan changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/simple-scan/+question/232392

Les gave more information on the question:
Michael,
Thank you for your reply, firstly I'm running Ubuntu and I have a HP
all-in-one that I use primarily for scanning documents to file. Ubuntu
already has the drivers for this unit installed, however there is no
front-end interface so I am unable to adjust the settings. I downloaded the
simple scan tarball which came with a readme file explaining the relevent
steps for building this program. The first error message I got was that I
was not logged in to launchpad and I have absolutely no idea how to log-in
to launchpad. Several other error messages appeared at the end but I think
the reason for these is due to the absence of launchpad login. I'm 64 and
more than a little naive when it comes to programing. Do you think you
could possibly walk me through this installation?
All the best.
Les.

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Michael Nagel <
question232392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Your question #232392 on Simple Scan changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/simple-scan/+question/232392

> Michael Nagel requested more information:
> what system are you on? ubuntu? why do you need to compile yourself?
> what are the exact messages?
>
> --
> To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/simple-scan/+question/232392
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.

Simple Scan Development Team, which is an answer contact for Simple
Scan.