simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~gotwig/simple-scan/headerbars into lp:simple-scan

Some answers to your critics

- You can't access the preferences unless the scan fails - you need to be able to access these before starting a scan. Answer: I didt change this behaviour. It was like it was before.
- The rotate buttons seem the wrong way around to me; did you switch them for a particular reason?
Answer: you are right. I will do them the right way, and add them into a link box.
- There are some document level options that are no longer accessible, i.e. page reordering, email. We should be able to access these somehow - a drop down menu of less frequent options?
Answer: I dont understand. I changed nothing about this??

- You can't stop the scan - I agree that stop shouldn't be a top-level option but there should be a visible way to cancel a scan while in progress (a button over the currently scanning page?). This is because scans can take a long time to complete.
Answer: I will be working  on this. I try to fix this with a normaly invisible button for STOP, becoming visible, when a scan is in progress, replacing the "scan" button.

- The bottom of the pages seems to be clipped. Is this what you mean by the bottom line comment?
Answer: I hope you can work on that. I tried long and got no result. But when I tried the testscan, which btw should be documented in the simplescan manpage pls!, the bottom line for new pages was indeed there.
- We need to support non-headerbar operation for Ubuntu so both methods need to work.
Answer: I try to work on this. So we get the classical Toolbar back for Ubuntu only?
- For some reason running a test scan fails (run "simple-scan test" to use the test backend). I can't immediately see how your changes could affect it though.
Answer: The test scan worked for me.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~gotwig/simple-scan/headerbars/+merge/220878
Your team Simple Scan Development Team is subscribed to branch lp:simple-scan.