simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

[Question #253436]: Exif info of scanned jpeg

New question #253436 on Simple Scan:
https://answers.launchpad.net/simple-scan/+question/253436

I have just started using Simple Scan and was wondering if it stores the Exif info of images scanned as jpegs.

In particular I need to access the scanner make, model and most importantly scan resolution (dpi) of the image. This needs to be accessed within a python program. However, when I access the exif container of a jpeg image scanned using Simple Scan through python (PIL library) it comes up as empty or 'None'.

When I open the image in GIMP 2.8.2 and look at the image properties, resolution is always reported as 72 dpi regardless of the resolution I set during scanning. I know that the resolution is changing as the image size (number of pixels) increases as I increase the scan resolution in the Simple Scan properties. Any way for me to capture this info within the image meta-data?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Varun

Simple Scan Development Team, which is an answer contact for Simple
Scan.