simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #256310]: remote control by xdotool possible?

Question #256310 on Simple Scan changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/simple-scan/+question/256310

Andreas Heidemann is still having a problem:
first i wish a happy x-mas to everyone!

The scankey-tool is a later problem for me, i mentioned scankey-tool
only to have full context. By now, I'm trying to run xdotool from a
command line (terminal) and it don't work on Simple Scan.

The xdotool documentation states: "If you are trying to send key input
to a specific window, and it does not appear to be working, then it's
likely your application is ignoring the events xdotool is generating.
This is fairly common." So I wrote this request.

Details at
http://www.semicomplete.com/projects/xdotool/xdotool.xhtml#sendevent_notes

Simple Scan itself with input from the keyboard works correct. I press
ctrl-n to start a new document and ctrl-1 to start scan of a page.
Multipage scans would become much easier, if I could use a button at the
scanner itself, which in turn has to trigger the scan next page function
of simple scan. That's why I'm looking for a tool to send keystrokes to
the Simple Scan.

Simple Scan Development Team, which is an answer contact for Simple
Scan.