simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #256310]: remote control by xdotool possible?

Question #256310 on Simple Scan changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/simple-scan/+question/256310

Andreas Heidemann gave more information on the question:
Some tests with xdotool & Simple Scan

I started Simple Scan to a movable small window. I startet a terminal
and typed the following commandline:

$ sleep 10; xdotool getactivewindow windowmove 100 100

I then clicked on the simple scan window within 10 seconds. As a result
of the xdotool the simple scan window is moved to the required position.
Using the xdotool command 'key ctrl+1' instead, nothing happens. When I
enter manually ctrl+1 on the keyboard, it scans perfectly. The first is
an interaction with the X server, the later an interaction with the
application. And there I see the problem.

Hope you can help & fix it.
Thanx in advance.

Simple Scan Development Team, which is an answer contact for Simple
Scan.