simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

[Question #402772]: Simple Scan; cannot seem to find driver for Brother Printer

New question #402772 on Simple Scan:
https://answers.launchpad.net/simple-scan/+question/402772

I was able to get the printer drivers properly loaded yesterday. Trial, error, and a new language dictionary in the process...

Now, my Brother MFC-295CN Printer/Scanner/Fax will not scan with Simple Scan.  Tried downloading Brother scanner driver; no avail

Tried downloading recommended driver from the Simple Scan 'Help' bar; no avail.

Manually selecting the 'Scan' button on the printer in either of the 3 send / scan modes connects with the computer, and then re-sets to 'General, 100% with nothing scanned.

We're trying to get our heads around this system, having been abused by Microsoft for 15+ years of illegal warrantless spying, BSOD's, loss of years of data despite being backed-up, etc.  So here we are w/ Linux.  Recommended by many privacy advocates, VPNer's etc.   Not a bad system if one understood the processes in a simpler, more user friendly format.

What driver needs to be installed for scanning? & will this cancel out the printer driver?

Cheers from New Zealand- Will

--
You received this question notification because your team Simple Scan
Development Team is an answer contact for Simple Scan.