sloecode-dev team mailing list archive

Sloecode install on Debian Squeeze

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of giving Sloecode a spin on a server designated
for that purpose (along with a MoinMoin Wiki setup). This server is running
Debian Squeeze.

So far it worked quite well, I've been using the maverick part PPA to install
the packages. Once I'm further down the line the install notes will be
available. Actually, they'll even be executable as they're using Fabric.

Anyway, back from bragging ...

I'm currently stalling with the install at the point where I'm trying to set
up the database tables using this command (as described in [1]). I'm using the
following (documented) command and getting a stack trace:

$ sudo paster setup-app /etc/default/sloecode-production.ini
Running setup_config() from sloecode.websetup
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/paster", line 18, in <module>
    command.run()
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/paste/script/command.py", line 84, in run
    invoke(command, command_name, options, args[1:])
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/paste/script/command.py", line 123, in
invoke
    exit_code = runner.run(args)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/paste/script/appinstall.py", line 68, in
run
    return super(AbstractInstallCommand, self).run(new_args)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/paste/script/command.py", line 218, in
run
    result = self.command()
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/paste/script/appinstall.py", line 456, in
command
    self, config_file, section, self.sysconfig_install_vars(installer))
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/paste/script/appinstall.py", line 598, in
setup_config
    mod.setup_app, command, filename, section, vars)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/paste/script/appinstall.py", line 612, in
_call_setup_app
    func(command, conf, vars)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sloecode/websetup.py", line 19, in
setup_app
    load_environment(conf.global_conf, conf.local_conf)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sloecode/config/environment.py", line
56, in load_environment
    global_conf['bzr_deleted_person_root'],
KeyError: 'bzr_deleted_person_root'

Any ideas on what could be wrong and how I could fix it?

Then there are also two more open questions that I couldn't answer myself,
yet:

 * How does the Sloecode web part co-exist with other web sites?
   (I'm already running Apache with mod_wsgi for the MoinMoin wiki, so they
   may be integrable.)

 * As the Sloecode bzr server is listening on SSH/port 22 connections, how
   does that co-exist with the normal SSH service?
   (Which is e. g. required for remote maintenance.)

Guy

[1] http://tech-foo.blogspot.com/2011/04/sloecode-now-with-ubuntu-
packages.html

--
Guy K. Kloss
School of Computing + Mathematical Sciences