sloecode-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Sloecode install on Debian Squeeze

OK, due to feedback from Thomi one update already, and still some questions:

On Fri, 27 May 2011 12:36:30 PM Guy K. Kloss wrote:
> $ sudo paster setup-app /etc/default/sloecode-production.ini

This works, once these two missing lines are placed within
/etc/default/sloecode-production.ini from here [1]:

bzr_deleted_project_root = %(bzr_root)s/deleted_project
bzr_deleted_person_root = %(bzr_root)s/deleted_person

[1]
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~sloecode/sloecode/trunk/view/head:/development.ini

> Then there are also two more open questions that I couldn't answer myself,
> yet:
>
>  * How does the Sloecode web part co-exist with other web sites?
>    (I'm already running Apache with mod_wsgi for the MoinMoin wiki, so they
>    may be integrable.)

I have only gotten this to work so far by changing the port number on which
sloecode serves the web sites. This is not really satisfactory, but should
work for now.

>  * As the Sloecode bzr server is listening on SSH/port 22 connections, how
>    does that co-exist with the normal SSH service?
>    (Which is e. g. required for remote maintenance.)

By changing the port number the sloecode SSH server listens on to 2222 it was
possible to make it work. Although, due to firewall policies etc. this is not
really a port one wants to use, as it is likely to be plugged by institutional
admins. The only thing, which is still very sub-optimal, I can see now is to
run my systems administrative SSH on another port.

Any ideas on how to fix these issues?

Guy

--
Guy K. Kloss
School of Computing + Mathematical Sciences