sloecode-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Sloecode deployment

Hmmm, now I've gone to the next step of configuring the installed (from
PPA) Sloecode instance by editing the /etc/sloecode/production.ini file.
Some things seem to be severely screwed up now, though!

Whenever I'm trying to log in, the Apache error log for the WSGI served
Sloecode spits out the following for every login request:

Error - <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no
attribute 'login'

Not really very helpful.

I've also tried to run the following command after making changes to
production.ini:

paster setup-app /etc/sloecode/production.ini

But that also didn't help. I'm a bit confused ... :-(

Looking around, I've noticed that quite a lot of the file permissions
for directories/files created by the sloecode package install have got
(for my taste) a bit too broad access permissions. For example:

* /var/cache/pylons-sloecode

* /var/log/sloecode and /var/log/sloecode/smartserver.log

* /var/sloecode/

* /srv/sloecode/bzr-repos/

It might be a good idea to at least remove the "world readable" (other)
read/execute access permissions on most of these where not needed.

Guy

--
Guy K. Kloss
School of Computing + Mathematical Sciences