sloecode-dev team mailing list archive

Sloecode deployment

Hi all,

Now the semester is over and I'm coming into the quieter time of the
year, so I'm dedicating some time again towards making a new attempt to
deploy Sloecode. So far quite good of an experience, but there are a few
things I've noted. I think I'm going to put them into individual emails
to keep the stuff apart.

Firstly, the deployment using the (stable) PPA worked quite nicely.
However, I'm using an automated deployment script with fabric (and
cuisine), so I'm getting some issues with the interactive components of
the .deb package install. If somebody knows about how to solve that
issue, I'd be more than happy to listen, too.

There were some (minor) hiccups in that process, though:

* Might be good to also indicate what/when a DB like MySQL is preferable
  over SQLite.

* I ran so far with SQLite, but on the first launch the DB wasn't
  there, yet. So the launch of the WSGI web app caused some error
  messages. These were gone when later (re-) starting it as the DB file
  was created.

Guy

--
Guy K. Kloss
School of Computing + Mathematical Sciences

Follow ups