sloecode-dev team mailing list archive

URL mappings of resources

Hi all,

Due to our deployment scenario, I'm running Sloecode under a different
web root than usual. I'm using the default Apache mod_wsgi deployment
method that the .deb installer performs, but then I'm "pimping" it to
host the site under a root path http://example.org/sc/... rather than
using the root at "/".

This has worked surprisingly well considering the hiccups I've
experienced with this half a year ago. The "h.url(...)" URL rewriting in
the HTML templates works as expected.

However, there are some resources that are referenced from the CSS
files. These use a different notation: "url(...)" (not using the
preceding "h."). These ones all fail. Therefore some images and other
referenced CSS files do not translate correctly and can't be found. So
far I've identified these resources that are suffering from this:

/wrench-pencil.png
/images/help-dialog-background.png
/sc/help/html4css1.css

So, I guess these need some fixing. How that would work, I don't know.
But I'm surely happy to test any fixes, or even patch stuff, if somebody
tells me what needs to be done.

When looking at the source of the Sloecode tree, I'm also somewhat
surprised of the file system structure. I'm sure this is due to the
organic growth of it during development, but it may ask for a little bit
of cleaning up. The "public/" directory contains a whole bunch of images
(PNGs) in its root. It may be cleaner to migrate these to the
public/images/ subdirectory to keep things cleaner.

Guy

--
Guy K. Kloss
School of Computing + Mathematical Sciences

Follow ups