software-store-developers team mailing list archive

Re: last minute, need eyes

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 08:57:14AM +1300, Matthew McGowan wrote:
> Hi folks,
Hi Matthew,

> I think i just pushed the last major bits of functionality for my appstore
> listmodel/treemodel branch.  I think it's working fine.  but i am a lazy
> tester.
>
> lp:~mmcg069/software-center/appstore-experiment

I worked on my version of this branch today:
lp:~mvo/software-center/appstore-experiment

I really like the new code layout, very nice aand smooth. Also the
delayed loading is pretty cool. I updated the tests and did some
cleanups. However I get a hang when I run "test_gui.py". Its 100%
reproducable for me (on three machines) and I wasn't able to pinpoint
the issues. If I remove the test_gui.py test_previous_purchase() all
tests pass. But the hang makes me nervous as it appears to be
something in the idle/timeout handler within gtk. My worry is that its
something that is a deeper issue with the ListStore.

> The installedview particularly could use some brutal testing.  I have now
> implemented filter and show|hide technical software.  Seems to work nice
> enough, and I see no crashers or other heinous side-effects but like i said
> i am a lazy tester.
>
> There are appview aspects which need polish, i.e. keyboard expand-collapse
> of categories in the installedview.  There is prob more i have overlooked,
> but they should be small UI things.  I also understand from mvo some tests
> are failing.  I have not looked into this just yet, probably tonight.

Those are updated now and work except for the one hang that I outlined
above.

> If people get a chance, could you play with it see how it works for you?
>  obviously feedback and/or code appreciated!  I imagine the chances are slim
> right now but I'd love to see this in s-c tomorrow!  :P

I (and you too of course) worked hard today to make this happend. I
still would love to merge it and get a feature-freeze exception for it,
but I really want to get to the bottom of the hang before doing that.

Cheers,
 Michael