software-store-developers team mailing list archive

Source layout change in trunk

Hello,

first, thanks for the discussions at UDS, that was a great and
productive week!

In preparation for the tasks ahead with softare-center I did some work
in trunk to reorganize the code a bit. The old softwarecenter/view
directory is gone and there is softwarecener/ui/gtk now instead. This
should allow us to add gtk3, qml UIs relatively easily. While we do
that, we should refactor along the way and extract common code and
move it out of the ui parts.

We should also run the excellent "pyflakes" tool and try to get rid of
all the warnings there. Mostly this should be relatively
straightforward.

And finally, I removed the AptCache and AptHistory and replaced them
with a generic "PackageInfo" and "PackageHistory" object (and apt
specific implementations).

I will continue to do some more refactor in the next few days to make
the seperation for the helpers better. If you notice anything broken
or have suggestions please talk to me, now is the right time for some
churn in the layout of the code :)

Cheers,
 Michael

Follow ups